The system currently stabilized before a few changes coming which’ll necessitate to change the abstraction library – and then the current apps will not work anymore – so it is a good time to release a new firmware: if you are using v2.26 you don’t really need to update the apps since the former ones work fine (only esb and tempest had bug fixes in the options handling if memory serves).
Two major additions are inside: this is the very first release supporting another variant of the vf – a gamer/diy pcb – besides the current developer vf. And the dedicated cart. mode – executing an /AUTOSTART.BIN at root level which cannot be exited – is being expanded to include all Main Page apps. This’ll allow you to convert a vf into any dedicated arcade cart. temporarily. However the options have to be setup before via the vf menu at the moment – these dedicated option changes are amongst others what’ll change the library sufficiently soon that the current apps need to be updated..
- Minor bug fixes in some arcade games’ options
- AUTOSTART.BIN support massively expanded
- ‘VF Button’ also used as service button for apps, if used as options button (expert option)
- Beluga Dreams emulator added – thank you Nathan !
- Very rare but reproducible read errors in usb disk mode with a subset of Mk.II / 128MB cart. have been fixed
- Major Havoc Promised End has been updated to the latest version -v0.75- so this needs the new romset